Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer (Weapons Integration)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer with Weapons Integration experience. This position is located at our El Segundo facility.
The primary role is to serve as a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer - 3 hardware integrator/designer supporting the design, development and integration of hardware into a complex mechanical system. Successful candidate will be responsible for creating 2-D and 3-D PMI engineering drawings (detail part, assembly and/or installation), submitting them for review and release, and updating the drawings as needed. Other responsibilities include developing Interface Control Documentation, assisting with Qualification Test planning and execution, and assisting with supplier management, including support engineering liaison duties.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, organized, independently directed with good problem solving skills, able to perform effectively despite concurrent work tasks and will possess strong communication, leadership, and team skills. Some travel may be required for this position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering development and/or design; OR 3 years experience in mechanical engineering development and/or design with a Master of Science degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with NX / Unigraphics CAD modeling software
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10yrs
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity with Teamcenter
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5M standards and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Prior Weapons Integration experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.