Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Mechanical Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Update work procedures to incorporate lessons learned and any changes to governing documents
- Provide mechanical test engineering support to the factory floor for clarification, troubleshooting, work procedure modification, post-test critique, break-of-configuration review, and review and evaluation of test data
- Provide feedback regarding impacts of possible cost and/ or schedule changes
- Work and execute independently with some technical oversight
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance on best practices
- 2nd shift and weekend support is expected.
- Previous technical working experience with CAPE, Solumina and Enovia is strongly preferred.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment, OR Masters of Science in a STEM field with 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- Practical work experience with one or more of the following: test products, implement work procedures or comply with work regulations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and SCI access.
- Prior experience working in Integration and Test
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CAPE or Solumina
- Active In-Scope Secret Security clearance or SSBI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.