Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Program Planning Scheduling Analyst 3, Palmdale, CA (SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, ouremployees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in airand space that impact people's lives around the world today, and forgenerations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advanceshuman discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people whohave bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to inventthe future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop GrummanAerospace Systems is seeking a Program Planning & Scheduling Analyst tojoin our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be locatedin Palmdale, CA and the qualified candidate will become part of theMAS B-2 Master Planning and Scheduling Department. The individual must be ableto work independently on multiple concurrent programs and will become part ofthe B-2 Schedule Management.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, develop andcoordinate the ancillary integrated master schedules to meet all programobjectives.
- Ensure all ancillaryschedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across companyfunctional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, andquality.
- Work with ControlAccount Managers to track plans and schedules, perform risk analysis, identifyand resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT,milestone charts, earned value management and other project establishedmanagement techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances tofacilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Produce documentation forand conduct executive management reviews
- Provide regular oral andwritten communication on status and issues to the Program Manager.
- Assist Program Managerin the organization and planning of resources to support specific work scopeand manage execution by maintaining contact with key stakeholders and awarenessof resources skills and experience
- Maintain, delegate andprioritize action items
The successful candidatewill possess the following:
- Ability to work in ahigh paced environment, meet deadlines and produce analyses in a timely manner
- Ability to performdetailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendationsto solve problems
- Ability to createpresentation content and present to various levels of leadership
- Ability to effectivelywork with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/ProjectManager
- Bachelor's degree plus aminimum of 6 years of business, production planning, or schedulingexperience, or a Master's degree with 4 years of experience
- DoD secret clearance updated within the last 5 years and the ability to obtain program access
- Experience using EVMS and beable to support implementation on programs
- Knowledge of basic projectmanagement methodologies
Candidates with these desiredskills will be given preferential consideration:
- Demonstrated knowledge ofMicrosoft Project, scheduling, and schedule baseline management.
- PMP Certification
- Microsoft Project ServerExperience
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills(Word, Project, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent communicator withability to drive cross functional teams to action when working in a matrixorganization.