Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees haveincredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space thatimpact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Ourwork preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiabledrive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part ofhistory, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace is seeking a highlymotivated Principal Software Engineer to join our F-35 software team. Thesuccessful candidate will join our existing team of software professionals whoare developing world-class software in a structured environment to meet ourcustomers' high expectations. This position is based in Redondo Beach, CA withoccasional travel to Fort Worth, TX.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle activities and the Agile process for the F-35 External Communications Software. This domain provides information broker services between aircrafts and other battlefield assets as well as distributes battlefield information internally to and from other avionics systems.
- Review of External Communication requirements for completeness and understandability.
- Perform detailed design, code, and testing of those requirements at the domain level as well as support of system and operational testing.
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM discipline withat least 5 years of software development experience in embedded real-timesoftware; or 3 years experience with a STEM Master's degree or 0 years with aSTEM PhD.
- Must be fluent in C Object-Oriented Design and Development
- Must have experience in using model driven development tool (e.g. Rhapsody) and real-time operating systems (e.g. Integrity, VxWorks)
- Must have US Citizenship
- Ability obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance and SAP (Special Access Programs)
- Familiarity with communication protocols, tactical data links (MIL-STD-188-220 and MIL-STD-6016)
- Experience in complete software development life-cycle and demonstrate knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience in the Agile process
- Experience in CMMI Level 5 processes
- Candidate will be expected to have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Weare proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, makingdecisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteranstatus, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA andPay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.Citizenship is required for most positions.