Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Structural Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, ouremployees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in airand space that impact people's lives around the world today, and forgenerations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances humandiscovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who havebold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent thefuture, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman AerospaceSystems located in El Segundo, CA has an opening for a Principal StructuralAnalysis Engineer. This position can also be filled at our sites inMelbourne, FL, Rancho Dominguez, CA, or Palmdale, CA.
In this role you will supportthe Structural Analysis Tools, Methods, and Processes Community of Practice forthe purposes of Model Based Engineering development execution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage ES-AS Liaison activities, Program Liaison activities, and Training Materials Development and Dissemination
- Teach classes and other training scenarios
- COTS Tools execution for Analysis
- Siemens Tools collaboration for Analysis
- CPLM/Tc4SIM development, implementation, and training
- CPLM/Tc4SIM testing efforts for the various test and Program environments
- Tool Enhancement Requests
You will possess theability to:
- Analyze, research and develop structural engineering specifications involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
- Analyze damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling.
- Have knowledge in specific structural engineering specialties may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis.
- Utilize tools such as CATIA, IDEAS, ProEngineer and a variety of software applications.
Applicants may berequired to learn knowledge of program deployment and licensing support;knowledge of design and analysis tools management; experience in managingCPLM/Tc4SIM development items, implementation, and training; experience withOptimization Software, Non-Linear Solutions, and Advanced Composites ExecutionMethods; Tools Development & Software Coding Experience such as VBA; anability to teach classes and provide training guidance.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Structural Engineering, and/or Civil Engineering from an accredited university with 5 years of experience in an engineering industry, Masters of Science in Engineering with 3 years of experience, OR PhD
- Ability to obtain and maintain (in scope) DOD Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with ASTRA development.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis Tools such as FEMAP and Nastran.
- Exposure to or experience using Analysis Tools supporting mechanical and aerospace applications such as Mathcad and MATLAB.
- Prior Military Aircraft experience
- Knowledge in Aircraft and/or Spacecraft programs and Advanced Technologies
- Active DoD Secret level clearance with a backgroundinvestigation date within 10 years OR
- Active DoD Top Secret level clearance with a backgroundinvestigation date within 6 years, OR
- Active DoD SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation(SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Ability to obtain clearance to Special Access Programs
NorthropGrumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proudto be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisionswithout regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, orany other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparencystatement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.