Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Engineering Manager 2 (El Segundo, CA)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19017251
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented individual to perform on a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
This role is a functional department manager responsible for Supplier Quality Field Engineering personnel, processes and infrastructure for the Western Region of the United States and International locations for all Northrop Grumman Military Aircraft Programs.
- Managing a team of approximately 15 field engineers that are remotely located by ensuring the team is engaged and processes are calibrated across the team in order to manage the supply base efficiently and effectively
- Representing Supplier Quality in front of program quality directors and vice presidents, global supply chain vice presidents and supplier executive leadership teams
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality program counterparts to ensure adequate proposals and bids are submitted including appropriate staffing levels required to support program statement of work and available budget
- Establishes and implements innovative strategies and tactics to drive predictability and affordability across the supply base
- Interacts closely with Global Supply Chain personnel on a daily basis to coordinate on time delivery and 1st time quality products
- Interacts with DCMA, NAVAIR and internal Quality customers to ensure collaborative management of the supplier issues and risks.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing, quality, quality engineering and/or engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Aerospace industry background
- Previous experience with military aircraft products
- DoD Secret clearance
- 2 years functional management experience
- 5 years quality experience