Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Contract Administrator
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Advanced Programs Senior Principal Contract Admin in Northridge, CA. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
The successful candidate will possess a strong contracting background to manage a diverse portfolio of classified Advanced Programs. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and provide strategic contract management leadership and advice to IPT leads/senior management to promote achievement of company and customer objectives.
• Knowledgeable of Department of Defense acquisition processes with a proven ability to understand Navy/international customer expectations and ways to resolve disconnects;
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or with commercial contracts / orders; direct experience working with external customers, specifically for resolution of issues and bidding new business as a Prime Integrator; experience with process standardization and improvements;
• As the Advanced Programs lead contracting negotiator and contracting IPT lead, the applicant should possess a superior ability to manage the pre-proposal analysis of RFPs, development of pricing strategies, contract negotiation strategies and change management which create effective contractual solutions, especially with cost type contracts;
• High energy, organized, critical thinker with the ability to manage multiple on-going priorities;
• Ability to Work Well in Groups, Proven Organizational Skills, Naturally Detail-Oriented Self-Starter, Ability to Multi-Task in a Cross-Functional Team Environment, Confident, Positive Personality, Calm under Stress
• Ability to analyze and propose favorable terms and conditions, strategic agreements, non-disclosure agreements, teaming arrangements, profit computations (using weighted guidelines), alternate financing propositions (using the OSD Cash Flow Tool), contract modifications, contract deliverables (using mandatory FAR and DFAR data markings), and customer correspondence (using appropriate security, international, export controlled and proprietary markings);
• Capable of working with various members of an IPT to ensure a focus on 100% on-time contract delivery of hardware and CDRLs in an environment of near term customer weapon inventory/budget increases.
• U.S. citizen with Bachelors in Business, Legal or related field;
• Minimum of nine years of related experience;
• Five years of DoD experience;
• Must Possess a Secret Clearance.
• MBA/JD preferred
• international contract experience; direct prime Systems contracting experience (especially with an ACAT program);
• Experience with Deltek/CostPoint;
• Knowledge and experience with Intellectual Property/Data Rights and compliance with U.S. Government Procurement regulations and procedures including FAR and DFARS;
• Active Top Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.