Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology thatpreserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventivespirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancementsin our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, tostealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate withdevelopments from launching the first commercial flight to space, todiscovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not onlypart of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being aleader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, andStrike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing thevalues that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedomworldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we dopossible.
TheEngineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation,redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences.Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies todevelop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sectorwhile providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part ofour mission!
Theteam at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to joinour team as a Senior Principal Systems Engineer based out of El Segundo, CA.
Jobduties involve performing enterprise system management and capability planningof the GPS III Position Navigation and Time transfer Determination capability;including the capability increments of GPS III backward compatibility, GPS IIIPNT solution, Fourth Civil Signal (L1C), GPS III Signal integrity and continuity,GPS III signal upgradeability, and GPS III external augmentation and netreadiness.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customerapproval.
- 9 years of related work experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline, 7 years of related work experience with a Masters degree, 4 years of related work experience with a PhD
- Technical background in satellite system design, requirements development,and verification
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical material to seniormanagement and customers
- Strong working knowledge in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be a self-starter, willingness to take initiative, be proactive, showleadership qualities and require minimal direction.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience in model based systems engineering or agile systems engineering
- Experience in cyber systems engineering
- Experience with requirements tools (i.e. DOORS) and system modeling tools(i.e. Artisan Studio, CORE, Rhapsody).
- Experience in developing satellite ground systems, in areas of telemetry,tracking, and commanding or mission management
- Experience working with software engineers, software tester, qualityassurance, etc. on software development projects