Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Principal S/W Dev Analyst
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Senior Application Developer to join our team in our Northridge, CA offices.
The Application Developer will work as part of a small team in the Enterprise Applications department. This position will have a focus to author Cognos reports, develop stored procedures and/or C# custom applications in support of business systems primarily in the manufacturing and operations arena. When needed, this position requires the ability to assist business users defining their requirements, researching, and recommending solutions as they relate to the ERP and MES systems. This position will work closely with manufacturing operators, department supervisors, department managers, value stream managers, and operations plant managers as well as the Business Systems organization.
Must be a US citizen, and ability to immediately obtain an Interim Secret Clearance. While the position does not require off hours on a regular basis, the Application Developer must have the capability to work off hours/weekends as required (e.g., taking a system down, performing an upgrade, etc.).
- Author Cognos reports to support the business requirements for data analysis
- Create stored procedures for complex reporting
- Write SQL code for troubleshooting and one-off queries
- Develop C# applications for custom requirements
- Provide support of the business systems (ERP, MES) and technical troubleshooting
- Work with IT management to provide schedules for report deliverables
- Works directly with users of data to resolve data conflicts, solution incidents and inappropriate usage
- Provide support to the user base, and backup to co-workers
- Four year degree in software engineering, computer science or information technology/information systems or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Cognos report authoring or similar reporting tool
- Exceptional SQL skills and ability to create stored procedures
- Knowledge of relational databases in both the Oracle and SQL Server platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and customer service skills
- Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S Citizen
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Experience with report modeling tools such as Framework Manager
- Knowledgeable in business systems and ability to create processes for end users
- Work independently as well as be a team player
- Manage time to meet deadlines
Experience with the following systems a plus
- Deltek Costpoint ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Deltek MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- IBM Cognos Report Authoring and Modeling
- Kronos Workforce Timekeeping System
- TipQA Quality Assurance System
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.