Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Systems Administrator
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What You'll get to Do:
You will be responsible for maintaining smooth operation of classified multi-user computer systems.
Duties will include:
- Interaction with users to determine hardware/software requirements and installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems and COTS.
- Ancillary duties will include, but are not limited to: evaluation of vendor products, providing recommendations to purchase hardware and software, providing backup recovery, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, and computing asset management.
- Applicant must be experienced in STIG configuration, classified processing, and security procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of relevant experience; Masters with 8 years of relevant experience; or 14 years of relevant experience in lieu of a completed degree
- Experience with systems administration of Windows Operating Systems
- Virtualization experience such as ESX
- Experience managing a highly virtualized testing lab
- Ability to obtain and maintain Security certification
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Ability to obtain SAP clearance
- Experience with remote and local system deployments
- Familiarity with Linux & Unix Operating Systems, VMware virtualization and management (V-Shpere 5.x or later),
- Familiarity with NAS and SAN technologies (NetApp SAN, EMC SAN, HP NAS)
- CISSP or Microsoft OS Certification
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- 9/80 Schedule