Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Engineer Electromechanic
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Staff Electromechanical Engineer to join the Electronics and Payloads' Product Engineering Department. The position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA. The Product Engineering Department is an organization of ~100 engineers that performs advanced electronic packaging development in support of a variety of products destined for space and air programs. The responsibilities include mechanical design & analysis using computer-aided design (CAD), conducting packaging trades, tolerance and interference analyses, and generating drawing packages & associated electronic data. A successful candidate will be able to coordinate among multiple disciplines to balance requirements, finalize the product design, support prototype and final hardware build & test, and assist production personnel in the resolution of design or workmanship issues that arise during hardware assembly & test.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline
- A minimum of 14 years of electromechanical packaging engineering experience in an aerospace environment (OR a Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 12 years of electromechanical packaging engineering experience in an aerospace environment)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an SCI clearance
- Experience with electronics packaging, 3D CAD and mechanical design
- Experience leading a team of over 5 employees
- Experience working with different partners across organizations and programs
- Proficiency in performing tolerance and interference analyses
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with electronic packaging / mechanical design for airborne and space applications
- Experience with electronics design development and sustaining spanning cradle to grave
- Experience with PTC Creo, Intralink and Enovia software applications
- Experience with or knowledge of analytical / FEM SW tools
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- Proficiency with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- An active DoD Secret or Top Secret, and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.