Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Engineer Optical
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Staff Engineer Optical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Electronics & Payloads Directorate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop architectures and requirements for emerging communication systems
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams to design communication systems payloads
• Take responsibility for attracting and obtaining new company business, including support to proposals and captures
• Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 14 years of optical communication systems experience in an aerospace environment; or 12 years of optical communication systems experience with a STEM Master's degree; or 9 years of optical communication systems experience with a STEM PhD
• Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI/SCI security clearance
• Experience developing architectures and requirements for communication systems
• PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in optical communications with 12 years of optical communication systems experience in an aerospace environment
• Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
• Experience in the development of space-based communication systems payloads
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.