Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Engineer Systems
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19008449
The individual in this role will lead the EW/EA Systems Threat focus area for the Systems Analysis & Simulation team within the Global Strategy and Mission Solutions Organization. Threat studies and knowledge include all EW/EA systems (to include Electronic Warfare / Electronic Attack threat systems that attack Early Warning/Surveillance sensors, Surface-to-Air and Air-to-Air sensors), integration with other sensors and applications for current/advanced threat comparisons.
The EW/EA Systems Modeling Lead 5 will use advanced threat knowledge to evaluate advanced concepts and technologies then convey results via effective visualizations. Activities include performing analysis involving threat systems, threat sensors, military requirements, system survivability, mission performance, force level effectiveness, and military utility. This role includes the integration of existing threat models, sensor performance models/algorithms and command-and-control models into system simulation frameworks.
- Apply knowledge of complex EW/EA systems threat analyses across security protocols, advanced programs and platforms
- Build threat models, modeling tools/toolkits, transfer database information across multiple analytical platforms, repurpose intelligence databases/portfolios into useful operational analysis systems currently used in advanced systems analysis and simulations
- Lead a team providing EW/EA systems technical support to accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and related research and development projects
- Communicate across the engineering disciplines/technology areas to integrate capabilities, communicate technical competencies and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of 14 years (12 years with a Masters, 9 years with a PhD) of systems integration experience
- Must have a strong analytical background including Monte Carlo analysis and statistical regression.
- Must have MATLAB fluency, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming.
- Must have an ability to read C code.
- Must have knowledge of radar fundamentals.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret or DoD Secret with SCI access.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
-Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
-Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces.
- Software development experience using C or another Object-Oriented language.
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR.
- Familiarity with USAF modeling and simulation tools (AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, BRAWLER, etc)
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Current full DoD TOP SECRET clearance w/ SCI.