Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Standards Engineer 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer 3, Standards Engineer Electrical Interconnect Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will participate in Parts Management & Standards Engineering efforts related to electrical interconnect systems (connectors, wire, cable, harness) and Electrical/Electronic component technologies (e.g. passives, actives, hybrids, relays). Under the tutelage of a lead engineer, near-term responsibilities include:
- Define and maintain the internal Specs & Standards “catalog” for Electrical Interconnects and Application Manuals; electrical/electronic Standards drawings & documentation; and the underlying infrastructure (including CAD/PDM/PLM tool suite).
- Service the system/product Design Engineering community with Electrical/Electronic/Optical part selection, application, and assembly/installation guidance through 1-on-1, design review, and peer review scenarios;
- Service the Programs' supply chain, internal manufacturing & assembly, and logistics/field support communities when Part/Standard product or process questions/issues arise;
- Participate in failure investigations and root cause analysis
- Participate in industry standards committees and company anti-counterfeit initiatives
- Facilitate interaction between the Program personnel with the functional department Standards/Part specialists. Interact regularly with Program and Functional management for status & visibility
- Position is located in El Segundo. Some travel expected.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field and 5 years of product development engineering experience
- Practical working experience with component design, development & manufacturing experience at the OCM/OEM level
- Demonstrated knowledge of component selection & application at the system design/integration level
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience in an aerospace environment
- Demonstrated strong component design, manufacturing & assembly competence relating to high-reliability interconnect and electronics technology (from DC to multiple GHz.)
- Familiarity with 6 Sigma, RCCA and Lean improvement methodologies
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.