Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Procurement Spec
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Supply Chain Procurement Spec to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
- Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Minimum 3 years of supply chain management experience and a Bachelors Degree or 1 year with Masters Degree
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Must have working knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience in a DoD Procurement environment
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR regulations related to Procurement
- Must have the ability to communicate with various levels of leadership
- Proficient in ERP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.