Oaks Christian School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Spanish Middle School (part-time)
at Oaks Christian School
Oaks Christian School
# of openings:
OAKS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Middle School Faculty
“True Christianity is contagious. It is caught more easily than it is imparted. More than any other faith it is mirrored in the life of the believer. And in school it must obviously be caught from the teachers, for they are the pattern for the students.” Frank Gaebelein
Each teacher at Oaks Christian School will incorporate into their teaching a worldview that is distinctly Christian (see OCS – A Christian Worldview), and will also demonstrate excellent teaching, learning, thinking, and expression. It is also expected that a teacher has scholarly abilities in the area in which they teach, and that each teacher will diligently work toward helping students become independent and confident learners. Each classroom teacher is directly accountable to the chair of his/her department, the Principal, and ultimately the Head of School.
Spiritual Commitment and Growth
- Has a dynamic, growing faith and is a spiritual role model for students
- Maintains a commitment to the school’s statement of faith in action and belief
- Helps maintain an atmosphere of grace at OCS
- Maintains a disciplined learning environment within the classroom, which is built out of respect, grace, and passion for their subject
- Is available to students and parents before and after school.
- Maintains a challenging academic environment
- Maintains organization plan for each assigned course (subject matter outline, daily lesson plans, etc.)
- As a minimum, remains faithful to course outline as indicated in the curriculum guide and enriches curriculum when possible
- Learns and applies knowledge of technology to enhance student learning and achievement
- Pursues professional growth and attends a professional development conference every other year
- Commits to expertise and growth in discipline content and methodology
- Maintains professional reading (books and journals)
- Responsible to update Canvas (Learning Management System) - grades within one cycle of assignment, homework posted real time, and tests posted with at least a week advanced notice
- Posts all assessments on the exam calendar at least two weeks in advance
- Responsible to prepare grade reports, progress reports, and attendance reports in accordance with school policy
Professional Responsibilities and Duties
- Executes all duties in a timely manner (holds class on time, meets deadlines, attends meetings on time, etc.)
- Helps maintain a collegial, educational environment throughout the campus
- Maintains a ‘team player’ attitude and willingly collaborates
- Maintains diligent communication with parents within 24 hours
- Maintains cordial, professional relationships with all students, staff, parents, and community members
- Attends meetings and sits on committees as encouraged by the administration
- Is willingly involved in the OCS community outside of school hours
- Attends Family Picnic and Open House
- Attends chapel and assemblies on a regular basis
- Attends class overnight trips
- Faithfully completes reasonable extra duty assignments (supervision, mentoring, office hours Academic Help, etc.)
- Abides by the spirit and policies in the OCS Faculty Handbook
The mentor group is made up of about 20 students and meets regularly with a designated faculty member (mentor) for the purpose of small group discussion as related to chapels or student issues. The role of the mentor is to shepherd his/her students spiritually and academically. Mentoring groups meet every day during homeroom time. All teachers will be assigned a mentor group.
What is expected of a mentor?
- Meet daily with their students during the designated time
- Sit with their students at school meetings such as chapels and assemblies
- Participate as group in the annual school auction (advisory/homeroom baskets)
- Earn the trust of their students
- Pray for and with their students
- Communicate with parents as needed
The culture at OCS is one where we are dedicated to ministering to the whole person. Mentoring is an intentional way to have at least one adult assigned to the well-being of our students.
Those with 80% - 100% teaching load are awarded benefits and are expected to fully comply with the above job description.
Oaks Christian School offers a competitive salary and benefits package.