Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Loss Prevention
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Loss Prevention
Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown’s cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Assistant Director of Loss Prevention will be responsible for directing and overseeing the day to day functions of the security department, including protection of hotel guests, associates and property. This positions reports to the Director of Loss Prevention.
- Ensures all Security standards are properly followed.
- Reviews all reports completed by Security officers to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Reports all observed hotel property deficiencies and safety hazards.
- Ensures thorough and complete investigation for all incidents incurred by guests and associates (i.e. losses, thefts, accidents, and acts of violence).
- Maintains guest room surveillance procedures.
- Maintains an effective key control program.
- Ensures that shift personnel are properly assigned at all times.
- Conducts weekly and annual safety trainings.
- Leads Hotel's Safety Committee Program and Safety Recognition Program.
- Participates in the interview and selection process.
- Provides effective training and structured on boarding to new associates.
- Serves as mentor and coach to Loss Prevention associates.
- Manages payroll and Kronos timekeeping system.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Loss Prevention and Executive Committee.
- Position requires a minimum of two progressive Loss Prevention/Security experience in a hotel or related industry, with at least one year in a leadership position. Large convention hotel experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff.
- Able to set priorities for the loss prevention team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve requests.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified and/or willingness to receive such training.
- Must be conversant with OSHA guidelines and workplace safety standards. Experience preventing loss, incident reporting and interacting with high profile clientele.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers. This includes via email, telephone and two way radio.
- Ability to facilitate trainings to hourly and leadership staff.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems(intermediate computer skills with proficiency in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office)
- Must be able to reach various areas of the hotel at a rapid pace if necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to complete incident reports and participate in investigations.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment when handling sensitive matters.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work indoors/outdoors in extreme temperatures assisting with supervision of pool activity as assigned.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Requires bending, reaching overhear, kneeling and use of stairs. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift.