Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fleet Maintenance Tech 2
OnTrac is hiring!
Fleet Maintenance Technician 2 will ensure all Fleet trailing equipment is inspected, maintained, and repaired in accordance with federal and state regulations as well as company standards and will ensure a safe working environment for all.
Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
- Maintain, and provide routine preventive maintenance, repairs, and inspections to fleet trailing equipment.
- Work with Safety department leadership to understand, and ensure that all safety programs and procedures are followed.
- May be required to use personal vehicle or Company vehicle to conduct business for the Company.
- Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
This position requires the following competencies:
- Demonstrates Business and Technical Acumen:
- Demonstrates knowledge of internal systems and processes. Is responsible about doing job duties.
- Is accountable for own performance and behavior.
- Has good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Anticipates issues and prevents them.
- Advocates and Leads Change:
- Is flexible and positive when change occurs.
- Portrays a positive attitude to others.
- Supports change initiatives by following new directions as directed and providing appropriate information.
- Offers ideas for improving work and team processes.
- Engages and Inspires Others:
- Always treats people with respect and dignity and promotes a pleasant and professional work environment.
- Keeps commitments and does what is right.
- Provides assistance, information, and support to others to build a basis for future reciprocity.
- Communicates and Influences:
- Speaks and writes in a clear, concise manner; uses efficient and appropriate methods to disseminate information.
- Listens attentively to people’s ideas and concerns.
- Develops Self and Others:
- Understands his/her own strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepares a personal development plan with specific goals and a timeline for their accomplishment.
- Customer Focused:
- Presents a cheerful and positive manner with customers both internal and external.
- Manages issues with urgency to meet customer’s expectations.
- Understand how decisions affect the customers and considers customers when making decisions.
- Viewed as ethical, trustworthy, responsible, and reliable.
- Does what he/she commits to doing.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Remains calm under stress and controls response when criticized.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a warehouse environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel.
- The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will regularly lift, push, pull and/or move items averaging 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Five years of experience as semi-trailer maintenance technician.
- Knowledge of semi-trailer and conveyor systems and controls.
- Basic understanding of industrial electrical and industrial controls.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures including 90 day bit inspections.