Orange County Fire Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Staff Captain - Division 5
at Orange County Fire Authority
The Administrative Staff Captain recruitment is an Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA) internal recruitment. Only applications from current qualified OCFA Fire Captain personnel will be accepted.
The Operations Section is recruiting to fill the current Administrative Staff Captain opening in Division 5.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The position requires a two-year commitment. Administrative Staff Captains are eligible for either a 9/80 or 4/10 work schedule, at the discretion of the respective Division Chief. Administrative Staff Captains receive staff assignment pay (SAP) of 7.5% and staff incentive pay (SIP) of 10% (captains receiving a paramedic bonus, may continue receiving the paramedic bonus in lieu of the 10% SIP). Administrative Staff Captains have the use of an authority vehicle, and work directly with the respective Division Chief. General duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of the Division Chief, serve as a liaison with city, county, and state officials as directed.
- Represent the Fire Authority at various meetings and public events.
- Assist in planning, directing, and coordinating a variety of programs and activities.
- Research, analyze, and interpret technical data.
- Prepare written staff reports and oral presentations covering a variety of policy and procedural issues.
- Staff the Department Operations Center (DOC) during major incidents.
- Other miscellaneous administrative duties as necessary or required.
- Department Safety Officer and participate in the on-call program
- Public Information Officer and participate in the on-call program
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Rank of Fire Captain (non-probationary status)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with others
- Strong written communication and computer skills
- SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
To apply, go to www.ocfa.org. Interested personnel are to submit the following:
- Online application
- Cover memo of interest (indicate position or positions of interest)
- Letter of concurrence from your Battalion Chief
- June 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM - Last day to submit online application, memo of interest, letter of concurrence and certificates
- June 14, 2019 - Review of applications for minimum qualifications
- TBD, 2019 - Panel interviews (weighted 100%)
- TBD, 2019 - Notification of selected candidate
All questions regarding this position should be directed to Chief Contreras at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH NEOGOV
Please contact the assigned recruiter, Kim Steere, HR Analyst II, at email@example.com or 714-573-6826.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) ACCOMMODATION:
In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, anyone who needs an ADA accommodation for the purposes of employment testing should contact Kim Steere, HR Analyst II, at firstname.lastname@example.org upon opening of a recruitment.
WITHDRAWING FROM RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Whenever an applicant chooses to withdraw from a recruitment process, he/she is required to submit an email notification to the assigned recruiter requesting a withdrawal from the process. The email to the recruiter must include the applicant's current phone number.NOTE:
The provisions of this publication do not constitute an express or implied contract. Any provision in this publication may be modified or revoked without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:The Orange County Fire Authority is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.