Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Security Systems, Information Technologist I
at Orange County
- CAREER DESCRIPTION
- PHYSICAL SECURITY SYSTEMS
(Information Technologist I)
This recruitment is open to the public and will remain open for a minimum of five (5) business days.
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR FIRST ROUND OF CONSIDERATION: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 11:59 PM
This recruitment will establish an open eligible list to fill current and future Information Technologist I positions. The current vacancy is within OC Public Works. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
OC PUBLIC WORKS
OC Public Works is a unique County department comprised of 10 service areas, each of which directly impacts the quality of life for Orange County residents and the private sector. OC Public Works provides services on a regional basis to unincorporated areas, cities, and other County agencies and departments. The primary mission of the department is to ensure quality of service today and quality of life tomorrow. In addition, our vision is to be a world class leader of innovative, professional and quality public works services.
Click here for more information about OC Public Works
Click here for more information about County of Orange
Orange County Public Works has an exciting opportunity for detail-oriented, technically skilled professionals experienced in deploying and administering physical security systems (access control, video surveillance, intrusion alarm, duress and intercom systems). The individuals will be a part of the Access Control Systems unit that administers the County's access control system (Lenel) by overseeing security access to over 20,000 cardholders, including County employees, contractors and visitors, at over 100 County owned and leased facilities. The system functions over the County's enterprise computer network and provides access to secure locations throughout the County. The system consists of approximately 2,100 controlled doors, Microsoft SQL database and application servers, client workstations, intelligent controllers, encrypted smart card readers, enterprise power management systems and other related door hardware. The Lenel system interfaces with Genetec video surveillance, Aiphone and Stentofon intercom, Bosch intrusion alarm and various other physical systems.
This position will administer physical security application software and the Lenel SQL database, develop complex security designs and system specifications, manage contractor performance, manage correspondence with internal project stakeholders, troubleshoot application software and hardware components, manage preventive and unplanned maintenance and generate systems documentation.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in enterprise physical security systems, information technology systems administration and possess specialized security certifications from Lenel and Genetec. Microsoft certifications such as Microsoft Specialist or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is a plus. The candidate will have experience driving security technology projects and have exceptional customer service skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge and/or experience in the following core competencies:
- Experience with supporting Information Technology infrastructure including Windows desktop support, local area networks and application software.
- Experience with configuring access control, video surveillance and other physical security system components using specialized software.
- Knowledge of how to administer and support applications over a Wide Area Network.
- Experience with administering application user permissions and security groups.
- Experience with systems development life cycle to plan, create, test and deploy technology systems.
- Experience in the design and development of specifications per project requirements.
- Project management and oversight of contractor performance.
- Experience in the diagnostics and troubleshooting software and hardware components.
- Ability to recognize application problems and potential software or installation issues and recommend solutions to address or prevent the issue.
- Ability to interpret, comprehend and apply the specific needs and requirements for each project.
- Possess the understanding of the significance of each security project and exercise thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail in the tasks and processes performed.
- Experienced and skilled in organizing and managing a project including developing schedules, identifying critical paths and breaking down a project into individual tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and process work to meet project deadlines.
- Experienced in documenting security systems.
- Prepare user manuals to communicate the functions of application software and technical processes. Conduct user and/or peer training to provide technical information on system functions.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, project progress and recommendations to all levels of invested parties.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external parties involved with assigned projects.
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License, Class C or higher may be required by date of appointment.
- Possession of a Lenel access control and/or Genetec video certifications or other similar certifications in the industry of security access systems is highly desirable.
- Possession of Microsoft Technical Associate or Microsoft Certified Professional is a plus.
Click here to learn more about the minimum qualifications for the Information Technologist I classification as well as the physical & mental requirements and the environmental conditions.
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all application materials for minimum and desirable qualifications. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All candidates will be notified via email of their status in the process.
Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer): Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applications exhibiting qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.
Written Exam & Structured Oral Interview | Weighted (100%)
A multiple choice assessment consisting of job-related questions will be administered in conjunction with a structured oral interview. A panel of job knowledge experts will interview and evaluate each candidate's responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the candidate's qualifications for the job. This is a competitive process; therefore, candidate responses to the structured questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.
Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. Applicants will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
Please Note: The information you provide on your application and/or response to the supplemental questions may be used as a scoring device, so please be thorough and complete in your response. "See Resume" is not a qualifying response and will not be scored in lieu of the required information.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account. NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com"and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at http://www.governmentjobs.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Gwen Jorris at 714-667-9608 or Gwendoly.Jorris@ocpw.ocgov.com
- EEO INFORMATION
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.