Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Performance Team
- Job ID
- # of Openings
About The Company: Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with nearly 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
About The Role: Responsible for assisting in the organization's safety programs. Assisting the department in implementing, monitoring, and managing safety programs, policies, and procedures. Ensures that assigned location(s) comply with safety regulations. Assists the area Safety Manager in identifying unsafe conditions, facility audits, and evaluates working conditions with recommendations to improve employee safety. Responsible for maintaining safety incident records and tracking assigned programs within the department. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within the assigned location(s). Performs a variety of tasks, working under minimal to general supervision.
- Monitor and track the effectiveness of Safety Programs within a DC operation.
- Remain current with relevant regulatory requirements and serve as a resource for the department.
- Conduct incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective actions.
- Conduct audits and inspections within the assigned DC, identifying any corrective or preventative measures needed; reporting and follow up to ensure compliance with the DC Leander.
- Monitor and Manager supervisors in the powered industrial truck program
- Assist managers in promoting more safety awareness and education by procurement of safety training materials and information via monthly phone conversations, emails, weekly safety topics, safety articles, newsletters, etc.
- Continue to create and make progress towards safety culture through training, increased awareness, risk assessments, and behavior based programs.
- Share best practice information among all PT facilities.
- Verify forklift inspections are being completed, properly filed, equipment maintenance is called out/assigned for repairs and that operators are certified.
- Identify & correct unsafe conditions and behaviors
- Ensure assigned Distribution Center follows company SOP’s
- Conduct Safety Committee Meetings
- Ensure fire extinguishers are inspected and signed off each month
- Ensure eye wash station(s) are inspected and signed off weekly
- Conduct employee trainings across multiple shifts when needed
- Maintain safety programs / literature within the building
- Ability to speak Spanish
- OSHA / Safety Courses
- 2-5 Years Hands on Safety Experience
- CPR / First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations
- Planning and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and a team player
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.