Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Performance Team
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
About the company: As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with nearly 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Job summary: Plans, develops, coordinates and/or delivers training and development programs for all employees from hourly through senior management, including temporary/seasonal/contract employees. Training content is focused specifically on HR and Safety objectives. Develops and adapts programs as necessary for specific divisions and sites. Interacts with content experts and external program providers and/or trainers to determine/develop the best solutions. Manage external training administration programs with 3rd party vendors, state and government programs, etc.
- Supports line management in achieving training and development objectives; together with
management prepares goals and objectives for training.
- Acts to ensure compliance with legally mandated and company training requirements along with documentation of training and participants;
- Conducts needs analysis studies; identifies operational discrepancies and confers with managers and supervisors to determine training needs and approaches.
- Formulates training policies, programs and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs; coordinates training activities so as not to conflict with operational schedules.
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods, such as individual training, group
instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role playing, and computer based training;
- Organizes and develops training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Trains assigned instructors and supervisory personnel in effective techniques for training, such as new employee orientation, on-the-job training, health and safety practices, supervisory development, and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Maintains records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate performance of training activities and instructors, and to monitor progress of trainees.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with 3 - 5 years of training experience
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Knowledge and experience with adult learning models and training techniques suitable for different learning styles.
- Skilled in the use of audio-visual equipment and presentation software.
- Proved ability in determining training needs, including identifying the components of performance and developing strategies for achieving performance improvement.
- Oral and written communications skills; presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security services and operations.
- Proven skill in the preparation and delivery of training programs in multiple settings.
- Ability to understand the security service needs of customers and devise appropriate training.
- Planning, organizing, record maintenance, and project management skills.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Advanced level capabilities in observation, coaching and providing feedback to employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various employee and customer levels from direct service personnel to executives, and across diverse cultures.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish a plus.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.