Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mobile Software Development Manager
at Phunware, Inc.
Since our founding in 2009, we’ve relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world’s most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we’ve helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you’re compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today—our Phamily always has room for one more!
We are seeking an experienced mobile software development manager to lead and deliver exceptionally high quality software releases to our customers on time and on budget. He or she will help define both the strategy and operational execution for our developers while driving project initiatives that deliver on the Phunware vision.
Specifically, the manager will lead a technical team of developers with responsibility for delivering a wide array of custom mobile branded app experiences primarily based on iOS and Android platforms. The position will work with leaders across organizations including Sales, Marketing, Product Development, QA, Creative and Finance to ensure that all aspects of his/her programs are clearly defined, have appropriate milestones and remain on track to deliver the company’s strategic vision to achieve the company’s financial targets.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology and leadership, a strong track record for delivering highly technical projects on time, and genuinely enjoy working with customers across a variety of industries.
A Week In Your Shoes:
- Lead technical teams to on-time and on-budget fulfillment of world-class mobile products.
- Daily duties won’t typically involve hands-on coding, but it’s definitely desired for you to have native iOS or Android coding experience/skills.
- Work closely with internal and external parties to clearly define/clarify technical requirements, costs and time estimates.
- Efficiently allocate resources and ensure teams have the appropriate direction at all times to remain on-track to customer commitments and deadlines.
- Manage JIRA Agile boards, user stories and tickets for sprint/backlog prioritization and completion.
- Deploy software enhancements and fixes per release schedules.
- Serve as the technical lead in all customer meetings.
- Track and report status of all projects; identify and mitigate risks; proactively determine, communicate and lead recovery actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels; actively engage in their career development.
- Must be living in the above location(s), or be able to immediately relocate
- S. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading software development teams
- 2+ years of project management experience, preferably in a service-oriented organization
- 2+ years of software development experience, preferably iOS and/or Android
- Consistent track record for delivering commitments on time and with minimal supervision
- Exceptional technical leadership skills
- Strong customer facing and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Extremely comfortable holding both internal and external stakeholders accountable at multiple grade levels
- Adept at building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to travel as needed
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Flexible paid time off
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental and vision coverage?
Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Phunware: Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile