Physical Optics Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Program Lead
at Physical Optics Corporation
01 - Integrated Systems
CA - Torrance
Regular Full time
# of openings:
TECHNICAL PROGRAM LEAD
Physical Optics Corporation is focused on creating highly innovative, next generation systems, such as flight data recorders, advanced data transfer systems, and mission computer systems for military aircraft. Additional growth areas include X-Ray inspection systems, ground systems, encryption, and electronic warfare. POC is headquartered in Torrance, CA.
POC is seeking a Technical Program Lead to join our Integrated Systems Division. This person will be responsible for the program execution for a variety of POC’s highly technical government R&D contracts, POC funded technical programs, as well as the pursuit of new business opportunities in partnership with POC’s Business Development team. The ideal candidate will ensure engineering operations staff is adequately executing technical efforts to meet existing program requirements, as well as cost and schedule along with product deliverables. The Technical Program Lead will report directly to the VP and GM of the Integrated Systems Division.
- Responsible for providing leadership and oversight to a variety of schedule-critical, development and production programs
- Act as a technical interface to the customer and customer engineering organizations including participation in technical elements of SOWs, proposals, and other deliverables as needed
- Responsible for developing and executing a growth strategy that positions POC programs for future growth and success, as well as aligns itself with the strategies of the POC product lines
- B.S. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, or Computer Science required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in multidisciplinary program management for government/military contracts (<$1M to $20M & <1-5 year periods of performance)
- Experience leading projects that highlights an aptitude for complex systems including electromechanical and/or software
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of system architecture engineering for large scale, capital cost systems
- Familiarity with cost versus schedule analysis and ability to execute risk mitigation strategies in both a development and production environment
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US government requires US citizenship
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on a variety of cutting edge technologies
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Performance driven, employee centric culture
- Best in class leadership who provide mentorship, engagement, and support
- Ongoing career development that promotes continued education and learning
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Are you ready to bring your ideas, inspiration, and expertise to continue to propel aerospace and defense forward in ways once beyond imagination?
Before Applying, please note:
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Physical Optics Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.