Plus One Health Management, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Plus One Health Management, Inc.
We are currently seeking a General Manager to work at an upscale corporate fitness center in Hollywood, CA.
A Plus One General Manager manages and directs all operations, staffing, revenue and expense goals, and marketing aspects of the site. He or she acts as a direct liaison between Plus One and the Client’s supervising department. Assumes the key responsibility/assist the Client Coordinator in the marketing, promotion, planning, and staffing all programs. Although the General Manager will spend less time on the site floor than the rest of the staff, he or she will maintain a high profile with both staff and members.
- Implement and follow all Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Greet members and guests as they enter the Fitness Center using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E and the 5/10 Rule to determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
- Has primary responsibility for full cycle human capital inclusive of hiring, coaching, motivating, scheduling, training, developing, evaluating, firing and assigning projects and workload to staff.
- Ensure staff is integrated into the Plus One culture by incorporating the mission, values, and hospitality vision into regular activities.
- Ensure the staff is providing gold standard customer service and quality programming to the membership.
- Encourage and support staff to pursue advanced training, development and growth opportunities, and to apply for eligible job opportunities within Plus One.
- Manage guest and/or membership complaints and respond to all comments within 24 hours via phone, email, fax or personal meeting (delegate when necessary.)
- Provide leadership to set the tone and personality of the site.
- Manage attrition at the site by making it a nice place to work.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree with two to three years of management experience. Ability to multi-task, execute time management and problem-solving skills, organization and follow-up skills. Ability to hire, coach, train and develop staff. A thorough knowledge of financial reporting such as budgeting, forecasting, and strategic business planning. Prior experience in corporate fitness setting and/or spa setting. Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants with P.R.I.D.E. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from staff/clients/guests. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker. Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification. Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and finance/payroll systems.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Business Management, Marketing or in a related field. Industry certifications and/or licenses. A background in corporate health promotion, wellness and development and implementation of facilities.