Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety & Environmental Engineer
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric takes safety and sustainability very seriously. We set aggressive goals in reducing injuries, waste to landfills, and energy consumption. We work with different local and international organizations and associations on economic, social and environmental issues to foster sustainable development in cooperation with various players from society. Schneider Electric confirms its commitment and participation in discussions on challenges related to climate change.
It is envisioned that this individual will promote the importance of a strong safety and environmental culture by providing training and establishing/directing programs. This individual must display good communication, planning, decision making skills.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Developing and publishing safety and environmental programs consistent with regulations and company policy
- Performing job hazard analysis to identify loss potential of our systems and processes; Reviewing and interpreting loss data to discover causative agents and recommending appropriate corrective actions
- Reviewing and revising location standards, policies and practices as necessary to assure they are current and in concert with company and / or regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and evaluating technical developments to measure applicability to our processes
- Training associates, supervisors and other employees in the areas of general safety and environmental awareness, specific program requirements and specific job requirements
- Maintaining required records, preparing reports and files as necessary to meet corporate and regulatory requirements
- Utilizing approved measurement procedures, such as cost stats and work sampling to evaluate performance
- Conducting plant inspections. Auditing implementation by effected personnel
- Organizing and coordinating emergency response.
- Conducts ergonomics assessments and implements solutions.
This job might be for you if:
- Minimum 3 years experience as an EH&S professional
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft office and general databases/web based applications
- Ability and willingness to train large groups of people
- Ability to manage projects with on time delivery
- Minor schedule flexibility (accommodate all 3 shifts from time to time)
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and PA DEP regulations
- Accident investigation experience
- Familiar with job safety analysis process
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrixed organization through developing good working relationships and holding others accountable
- Bachelors degree from accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years experience in safety & environmental or engineering role
- Knowledge of ISO 14000 & OHSAS standards
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.