Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Admissions Coordinator (Patient Access) - Hospital
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Experience (Years)
- Administrative - Administrative Services
- Street Address
- 2070 Century Park East
- California Rehabilitation Institute
- Position Type
- Full Time-Regular
California Rehab Institute
*A joint venture with Select Medical, UCLA and Cedars Sinai*
Los Angeles, CA
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Admissions Coordinator to join our team.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Attends to telephone inquiries from patients, Case Managers, Physicians, Social Workers and outside agencies. Processes financial clearance prior to admissions by contacting insurance carrier, thereby assuring payment before patients are admitted. Assists in maintaining the Admissions Department on a daily basis. Coordinates activities with other departments as needed and participates in other related organizational activities.
Job Specific Duties
- Attends to telephone inquiries from patients, case managers, physicians and outside agencies. Explains the Pre-admission process.
- Assists in overseeing the workflow relating to Pre-Admissions and supervises the department as requested.
- Receives faxed referrals and ensures that the referrals are reviewed and medically approved by a physician.
- Contacts insurance carriers to confirm coverage, verify benefits and obtain authorization/pre-certification to ensure reimbursement.
- Verifies Medicare/Medicaid on Passport and prints out verification.
- Notifies referring hospital case managers of decision and schedules admissions.
- Maintains a referral database in Lotus Notes.
- Enters patient data in the HMS scheduling menu and enters details of patient’s benefits and billing instructions in Global notes.
- Prepares an Advance Notification Spreadsheet with list of scheduled admissions for the day and emails list to appropriate departments.
- Keeps supervisor informed of progress/problems.
- Cross-trained to interview, register and admit a patient into the facility.
- Provides tours for families of prospective patients.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
A minimum of two years experience performing a broad range of duties with an Admissions or Pre-Admissions Department required.
Previous experience within a physical rehabilitation setting preferred
Knowledge of Medical terminology preferred
Knowledge of insurance verification preferred
Experience working with Excel and databases
At our Rehabilitation Hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities