Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Semtech Corporation
Camarillo , CA
The role of Product Engineer is a combination of data analysis/administration, customer relationship management, management reporting and internal problem resolution.
It requires technological expertise, superior organizational skills, diligent follow-up and project management skills, assertiveness balanced with diplomacy, resource planning and communications skills.
This role touches all areas of product development and troubleshooting including yield analysis, reliability, design engineering and applications engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide product engineering support to subcontractors, including yield analysis & enhancement, product development, transfer & set-up of new products, & technical troubleshooting of product issues.
- Communicate with development engineers, process integration engineers, & application engineers to resolve technical product issues.
- Optimize test programs to improve test times & increase throughput.
- Actively participate in the development of test hardware & programs for wafer sort, final test, quality assurance, and reliability.
- Work closely with application, design, & product integration engineers, to facilitate a timely & expeditious product release to production.
- Complete device characterization during product development cycle.
- Ensure finished products adhere to specifications and QC standards prior to shipment.
- Reduce product cost and minimize delinquencies.
- Perform other work duties as assigned.
- BS Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Physics.
- 3- 10 years of experience in the Semiconductor Industry as a Product or Test Engineer
- Ability to identify device failure causes.
- Knowledge of device semiconductor physics.
- Internship work or academic projects in a product or test engineering capacity with experience in the manufacture of semiconductor components.
- Ability to work in and foster a teamwork environment.
- Must be an effective communicator with the ability to interface with others within the organization, possessing a thorough written and verbal command of the English language.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial end-markets.
We have nearly 60 years of experience designing and manufacturing proprietary platforms differentiated by innovation, size, efficiency, performance, and reach. Our balanced portfolio of semiconductor products is used by original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers for automotive, broadcast equipment, data centers, PONs, industrial, Internet of Things (IoT), LCD TVs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, and wireless infrastructure applications.
We have evolved from a manufacturer of niche high reliability products for military applications, to a comprehensive semiconductor solution provider with a diversified product portfolio. We leverage our highly skilled technical team to develop new products that solve our customers’ most complex design challenges and target fast growing industry verticals.