Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sierra Lobo
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Type of Position
- Regular Full-Time
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Visa Requirements
- Citizen only
Sierra Lobo, offers customers a full range of professional and technical capabilities, including Test and Evaluation, Systems Engineering, and Advanced Technologies. We also develop products and processes related to Cryogenic Fluid and Thermal Management Systems, Densified Propellant Management Systems, and Prototype Extreme Pressure and Temperature Systems. Our customers include the Department of Defense (DoD), the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This position will be located in our Pasadena California office and will support NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab on the MEDALS contract.
Performs a scope of work involving study and design of a wide variety of mechanical components, subsystems, and systems for spaceflight and airborne applications.
- Develops detailed designs of complex mechanical components, subsystems, and systems utilizing engineering design packages such as Siemens NX, AutoCAD, and/or SolidWorks
- Develops and updates schematics and drawings
- Generates complex fabrication drawings per ASME-Y14.5M 2009
- Coordinates design criteria such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, and contractual specifications with others in the engineering group
- A BS degree or equivalent with 5 or more years of related experience
- Background in spaceflight structure design, opto-mechanical design, electro-mechanical packaging design, and cable harness design
- Extensive practical knowledge and skill in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Direct experience with Siemens NX, SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Siemens Teamcenter
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Top Secret Security clearance is not required, but highly preferred