Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Sales Manager - Orange County
at Ply Gem
- Job ID
- # Positions
About Ply Gem:
At Ply Gem, we make it possible for every homeowner and professional to enjoy a beautiful, custom-looking home exterior that’s also energy efficient and low maintenance. From siding and stone to windows, trim, gutters and accessories, we manufacture the products homeowners and professionals need to create the home exterior of their dreams – one with character and curb appeal, which stylishly expresses their individuality.
Why work for us?
In business for more than 75 years, Ply Gem provides a strong foundation where you can build your career. With multiple units, we offer a progressive and vibrant work environment and wide range of career opportunities. Ply Gem is dedicated to promoting personal growth, encouraging innovative thinking, and cultivating diversity. We understand the success of our company is directly related to the contributions of our associates.
District Sales Manager
As District Sales Manager for the Simonton brand, you will plan, organize, and control activities to achieve the revenue goals for the assigned territory. Territory is Orange County, CA.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Solicit and conduct meetings with customers to keep their personnel informed of the latest developments within Simonton and Ply Gem and its product lines
- Work proactively with dealer accounts in training of outside sales and support staff in all aspects; i.e. products, displays, services, websites, pricing, order entry, EPOPS, new product introduction and product updates
- Maintain adequate supplies of all available sales literature, sales tools, and properly use all selling aids
- Review and analyze SIS (Simonton Information System) on a weekly basis to be aware of customer activity and performance
- Maintain control of sales aid and co-op accounts to maximize effectiveness and stay within allotted accruals
- Participate in trade shows, open houses, and other company/account activities as requested
- Assist as needed on service-related issues and have (acquire) the ability to handle basic service needs
- Report marketing activities, sales opportunities, and competitive strategy back to Regional Sales Manager
- Review and analyze market conditions within assigned territory to keep abreast of market share and maximize market penetration
- Prepare forecast of anticipated sales volume, retrofit and new construction, by key existing and target accounts, and submit annually to Regional Sales Manager
- Prepare budgeted information as it pertains to that salesman’s cost center and related expenses and submit annually
- Participate in the development of sales training programs and in the training of new sales personnel as requested
- Maintain, communicate and process changes regarding discount compliance on all assigned accounts on a regular basis
- Process and maintain required paperwork, including but not limited to weekly call reports, management requests, frequents customer communications, monthly summaries and new or revised customer account documentation
- 80% travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience is preferred.
Must be able to pass background check (including driving) and drug screen. EOE