Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodial & Maintenance Operations Manager
- System ID
- Environmental Services / Custodial
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo Corporate Services Division is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to support a new location for one of our global partners. This location is a Mixing/Distribution Center, located in Moreno Valley, California. The Operations Manager will oversee multiple services such as Janitorial, Maintenance (preventative and reactive), Grounds, Pest Control and Special Projects.
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Operations, the Operations Manager will be the 2nd most senior person on site, responsible for managing a team of 10-20 FTE’s, covering 1.5 Million sq. ft. of Warehousing and Logistics Space.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Daily safety of all Sodexo employees and contractors
- Oversight of delivery of janitorial/custodial services
- Oversight and Manage contracted landscaping services
- Management of contracted Pest Control services for site
- Management of Security and Security systems
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing multiple services in a Mixing/Distribution Center or manufacturing environment
- Project Management experience
- a proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management;
- ability to provide hands on support including but not limited to PM’s and ground watch
- demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client and regulatory requirements.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
-Ensures compliance with application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
-Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations.
-Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of work experience in Housekeeping, Environmental or Custodial Services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.