Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hardware QA Engineer
at Spireon, Inc.
This individual will have a quality role in testing and verification of current and future generation telematics products. This individual must possess and maintain a broad knowledge of vehicle-based communication technologies and GPS / wireless communication technology.
- Utilize existing and create new test procedures to ensure Telematics services work according to specification and design.
- Provide end-to-end testing and validation of connected car quality.
- Test and confirm proper functionality of all supported telematics features and backend systems to confirm robust and defect-free system.
- Confirm telematics service provided services are performing according to specification and make recommendations for improvement.
- Understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases
- Builds and implements a scalable, reusable automation framework. Works with team to set best practice standards for usage of the framework and trains quality assurance personnel to enable them to use it.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of device reported failures by the RMA department.
- Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints.
- Works with Device Managers and Sales Engineers to review existing test cases.
- Reports, tracks and escalates anomalies discovered during testing and ensures closure on the issues. Helps teams use results to drive continuous improvement upstream.
- Trains and mentors local and remote team members on automation processes and best practices.
- Proficient in collecting test metrics and creating comprehensive test summary reports.
- Experience with various types of testing including but not limited to sanity, integration, functional, security, system, performance and regression testing.
- Investigate reported issues; perform root-cause analysis; develop countermeasures to resolve; retest to validate solution.
- Verify that the Telematics system and features meet customer expectations.
- Communicate and document defects with partners and vendors to ensure integrated solutions and prevent future defects.
- Resolve telematics wireless data issues between telematics hardware vendor, wireless provider, and telematics service provider.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- 5-8 years of testing experience of which at least 2-3 years of directly related experience in automotive, with hardware testing and vendor relationship management experience.
- Desired to have recent wireless communications experience.
- 3+ years of experience testing GPS trackers (e.g. Xirgo, Calamp, Montage or similar) is a major plus.
- Experienced with Agile processes and Jira.
- Knowledge with testing GPS, GSM, CDMA/EvDO and LTE technologies.
- Working-level knowledge of wireless technology, IT infrastructures, and the aptitude to advance to expert level.
- Ability to effectively document and report issues discovered during test and validation activities.
- Detailed knowledge of electronic assemblies.
- High degree of cross functional cooperation & coordination