Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grocery Manager (Los Angeles)
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Hidden (17389)
- Position Type
- Req ID
Does being in charge of multiple, customer-focused departments sound like a role you would fit perfectly in? Does being responsible of a total team sound like it’s up your alley? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Grocery Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
At Sprouts Farmers Market, the Grocery Manager is responsible for a variety of departments- Grocery, Dairy, Frozen Food, and the Beer/Wine departments making sure each is well managed, resulting in a positive shopping experience for Sprouts’ customers, serving as the role model for customer service. The Grocery Manger is very involved with the department employees, and assists in hiring, coaching, and training employees, as well as conducting meetings and scheduling. This position is essential in ensuring that products are handled properly, rotated to ensure freshness, and that date controls are performed. Part of the daily duties for a Grocery Manager is to help control costs by constantly monitoring and improving Grocery, Dairy, Frozen, and Beer/Wine operations to increase profitability, combined with managing labor costs and reducing loss due to shrink, damage, and pilferage. You will assist in the preparation of store for physical inventory counts, assist or oversee the unloading of trucks from our distribution centers, and verify all deliveries against invoices, notes shortages, and overages and report them to the appropriate supplier. The Grocery Manager follows and enforces Sprouts’ Fresh-at-4 Program, ensuring proper rotation and organization of product and removing out-of-code items. The Grocery Manager is also responsible for ordering, vendor communications, compliance and sanitation, back room inventory, and controls, and management of workplace and department safety, as well as reporting, financial control, and budget responsibilities. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast paced environment then we want to hear from you!
To be a Grocery Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and possess 1 year managerial or supervisory experience which includes responsibility for managing a department/team within a multi-department operation within the retail, hospitality, or service industry
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays. Walking up to 3 miles per 8 hours is expected.
- Have strong good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to take and give direction, participating in a team environment.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Possess a proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff, while possessing a working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals
- Have a strong focus on detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have and maintain Food Safety certification. Also ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
- Have strong organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Must vertically transfer milk trays weighing up to 60 lbs., from 9” to 62”, for up to 25 hours.
- Must vertically/horizontally transfer boxes weighing up to 50 lbs., from 5” to 34”, for a distance up to 5 feet for up to 25 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Repetitive squatting/kneeling/bending to access a point 5 inches from the floor for up to 30 hours is expected.
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
Sprouts will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.