SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cultural Resources Project Manager
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- Cultural Resources/Archaeology
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
We are seeking a Cultural Resources Project Manager for our Pasadena, California office. The Cultural Resources Project Manager is a core member of the Cultural Resources Program, with ultimate responsibility for successfully winning and executing projects, and leading all aspects of project implementation. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position that will report to a Cultural Resources Team Lead.
This position is a great career growth opportunity to join SWCA’s expanding practice.
What you will accomplish
Manage all aspects of projects, including fieldwork, research, and report writing, with responsibility for successful on-time and on-budget completion of projects. Take leadership in business development and marketing. Coordinate productively with clients and agency representatives. Supervise, direct, and instruct personnel in the field and in the office. Conduct and oversee fieldwork, including inventory, data recovery, and monitoring. Conduct and oversee laboratory analysis and office-based research. Prepare proposals and technical documents.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Mast'er's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Cultural Resource Management (CRM) required; preferred experience includes working on a variety of project types and sizes, on all project aspects (from pre-field tasks through final report preparation), in multiple regions, and with a variety of regulatory agencies
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in CRM in a supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office
- Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work preferred.
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology
- Extensive experience with California archaeology, or similar cultural area.
- Experience with implementing the California Environmental Quality Act, National Historic Preservation Act Sections 106 and 110, and National Environmental Policy Act permitting processes.
- Experience with tribal consultation and/or Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act is a plus.
- Advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic, ceramic, or faunal analysis; osteology; historical archaeology).
- Primary report authorship in a CRM context and experience providing quality control review of field documents, site forms and reports required
- Experience leading large field crews preferred
- Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts and planners.
- Has conducted and is interested in conducting marketing, business development, and proposal writing.
- Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in project needs, agency requests, and more.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of colleagues, clients, and agency representatives.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.