SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Natural Resources Utilities Projects Manager
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- US-CA-Pasadena | US-CA-San Diego
- Natural Resources/Biology/Ecology
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior Natural Resources Utilities Projects Manager with experience in natural resource management, biological studies, transmission or energy related projects, and mentoring staff for our southern California Natural Resources Program. The candidate will report to the Pasadena or San Diego office.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in transmission projects and interested in developing a long-term consulting career that combines high-level technical expertise with commercial acumen and leadership. Responsibilities may include managing an energy client based natural resource team, coordinating multiple natural resource technical groups, interfacing and coordinating with clients, reviewing technical reports, and project management.
The Senior Natural Resources Utilities Projects Manager has the option to participate in SWCA’s Scientific Leadership Program, which allows top subject experts to be recognized and rewarded for distinguished productivity and intellectual acumen, to make regular contributions to corporate strategies, and provide input to all levels of the company.
Our Natural Resources program works on diverse natural resources related projects across many business lines, including renewable energies, utilities, infrastructure, transportation, habitat restoration, and mitigation banking. In addition, the southern California regional offices offers a unique work environment and specializes in natural resources, cultural resources, and permitting.
This is a regular, full-time, salaried position. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience. SWCA offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership retirement plan (ESOP).
What you will accomplish
- Manage a transmission client focused Natural Resource Program, with multiple program lines,
- Provide quality assurance of our natural resource studies,
- Manage in-house, client, and sub-contractor communication and work flow,
- Prepare project budgets, invoices, and client reporting,
- Supervise, mentor, and provide project technical support to various program managers,
- Serve as project manager or technical lead on a variety of resource management projects,
- Work with Corporate accounting department to review invoices, expenditures and project audits for projects/tasks
- Work closely with SWCA’s resource scientists and environmental planners, managers and directors in both natural and cultural resources throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherence to its mission, vision, and values.
Experience and qualifications for success
- minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or closely related field
- At least five (7) years of progressively responsible experience in natural resource management
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in environmental consulting or within agencies with direct experience in transmission or other linear utilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing natural resource staff
- Detail oriented
- Field experience in southern California ecosystems, California flora, and wildlife
- Demonstrated successful client relationships
- Supplementary experience in other areas of natural resources consulting such as wildlife surveys, botanical surveys, and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) document preparation is beneficial
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.