SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Specialist - Air Quality, Greenhouse Gas Emissions & Noise
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- US-CA-Pasadena | US-CA-Half Moon Bay | US-CA-San Luis Obispo | US-CA-San Francisco
- Air Quality
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior Air Quality/Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Noise Specialist to be based out of any of SWCA’s San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, San Luis Obispo, Sacramento, or Pasadena office locations. This technical specialist would join SWCA’s CEQA Practice Group, a well-established and growing environmental practice in California.
The role is a regular, full-time salaried position, reporting to one of SWCA’s regional principals or office directors. The qualified senior specialist will support technical air quality and greenhouse gas emissions for a wide variety of land development, state and local government, power generation, and transportation-related projects throughout California. Technical fluency in noise and energy calculations analyses is also strongly desired. The technical impact analyses will be used for the preparation of CEQA and other environmental planning documents. The position will work closely with a team of project managers, environmental planners, and other technical staff to formulate approaches to analysis, document project impacts, and create mitigation measures.
SWCA’s well-established and growing CEQA Practice Group provides high-quality CEQA services across the California geography and is looking to further build this practice with additional in-house services. The growth opportunities for this position cannot be understated and could potentially involve establishing, leading, and growing the air quality, greenhouse gas, noise, and energy component of SWCA’s CEQA Planning Group practice. This position is ideal for an experienced and ambitious individual who is looking to build a technical team and advance their career as both a CEQA practitioner and an Air Quality, Greenhouse Gas, Noise and Energy Specialist, and to do so at a very fast pace.
What you will accomplish
- Serve as a senior technical specialist preparing modeling assumptions for air quality compliance assurance (e.g., using CalEEMod), greenhouse gas emissions, and noise technical analyses to support CEQA and other environmental permitting services and programs throughout California.
- Prepare and manage CEQA technical analyses and write sections for the topics of air quality, greenhouse gas emissions and noise, as specified in CEQA (Appendix G Environmental Checklist or other locally-adopted checklist) and calculation of energy consumption, per CEQA Appendix F (Energy Conservation).
Prepare, review and interpret air dispersion modeling analysis in accordance with project requirements and guidelines.
- Ability to conduct short-term and long-term noise measurements, and evaluate future noise levels using available traffic projections and operational data information based on applicable local or state standards is desired.
- Responsible for interpreting, coordinating, managing, and executing specific task assignments.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that exceed client expectation for quality of work, scope, budget and schedule, and generate repeat business.
- Support growth and development of SWCA’s air quality, greenhouse gas emissions and noise technical services.
- Mentor future staff in the proper planning and execution of environmental projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Collaborate with other SWCA practitioners to execute air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and noise analyses, including participating on teams comprised of Air Quality professionals from multiple offices across the organization.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control of technical models and documents.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, chemical, mechanical, environmental science, or related degree required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of consulting experience in air quality, greenhouse gas, and noise analyses, with dispersion modeling, emission inventories, air quality construction and operating permits and compliance reporting.
- Fluency in modeling and interpreting CEQA-based air quality and greenhouse gas emissions analyses (e.g., CalEEMod-based modeling), energy consumption calculations, and noise analyses.
- Experienced in project management, client management, and proposal writing or the ability to rapidly evolve into these areas.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects throughout California.
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management responsibilities.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned environmental firm with offices across the U.S. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with in-depth knowledge of permitting and compliance protocols to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions for a full spectrum of environmental projects. SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you!
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
For more information on SWCA visit www.swca.com