Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LVN/LPT (On Call) - Mental Health Rehabilitation Center 333
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 100 programs and over 3,400 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, the Horizon View Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC) is a 16-bed facility providing comprehensive inpatient mental health and psychiatric treatment services for adults 18 with serious mental illness.
Employment Status: On-Call
This position provides recovery focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Works as a team Behavioral Health Specialists and LVNs/LPTs. Sign on bonus available.
- Graduation from an accredited LVN or LPT program and current licensure are required.
- 2 years of LVN/LPT experience in health care environment preferred, however new grads are welcome to apply.
- Current CPR/BLS certificate is required.
- If employed at Inpatient Program:
- Ability to assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior
- Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred.
- Understanding of psychiatric illness, its treatment and knowledge of psychotropic medication.
- 2 years of LVN/LPT experience in health care environment and 1 year of supervisory experience
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees and provides direct nursing care.
- Organizes, prioritizes and delegates work on the assigned shift.
- Contingent upon program structure and needs, assumes charge or shift lead responsibility, as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with persons served.
- Provides nursing care and assists in the welcoming, admissions and discharge processes.
- Collects data relevant to the care of persons served. Develops and implements nursing care plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Administers medication and treatments to persons served.
- Adheres to medication management policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Receives and presents change of shift reports as assigned.
- Notifies the prescriber and nursing Supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition.
- Documents the progress of persons served toward their Recovery Plan goals.
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans.
- Ability to administer oral and injectable medications.
- Ability to provide input by reporting observations and concerns, and ask appropriate questions.
- Ability to implement crisis de-escalation techniques.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability