Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rehab Therapist (Full-Time AM/Tue-Sat) - Behavioral Health Program 109
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As Part of the Telecare Family La Casa Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC) is a 190-bed program providing assistance to adults 18 and older.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Tuesday - Saturday
Under supervision, the Rehabilitation Therapist provides rehabilitation therapy services to members served, both on an individual and group basis.
- B.S./B.A. in Occupational, Recreational, Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy, or Vocational Counseling (Must meet any regulatory requirements for the use of these titles, specific to the program type or location)
- Six (6) months of experience in behavioral health setting
- Discipline certification or licensure may be required per program licensure or accrediting body requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
- MA/MS in Occupational, Recreational, Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy or Vocational Counseling
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinates and provides rehabilitation treatment services for assigned members served, including leading and co-leading therapeutic groups, developing therapeutic activities and writing group descriptions, and scheduling therapeutic activities in collaboration with members served when possible
- Coordinates outings for members served and supervises them on outings; may require driving van on outings
- Coordinates special events
- Facilitates community meetings and groups
- Provides clinical supervision for Rehabilitation Activity Leaders, interns, and volunteers, as directed
- Participates in the planning of the Rehabilitation Program
- Participates in the development of Recovery Plans
- Completes assigned sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS), annual comprehensive assessments, and assessments that accompany changes of condition
- Documents observations and assessments, as required
- If employed at inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Ability to observe, assess, record and report social, ADL, and psychiatric behavior of members served
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity, as well as to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability