Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bar Manager - The Reef
at Speciality Restaurants
The Bar Manager monitors the operation of the bar and beverage sales in the restaurants. They will be responsible for assisting in growing beverage sales revenues and improving guest satisfaction. They will also be responsible for managing and training bar staff.
- Responsible for assisting in ensuring that the beverage sales forecasted for the restaurant are met.
- Ensures that all beverage supplies, ingredients, or products in the bars, lockers, and pantries are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and guidelines.
- Focuses on improving beverage cost in alignment with company budgets and projections.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and recording of all beverage sales while ensuring that the pouring measures are being followed according to standard operating procedure.
- Responsible for scheduling bar staff.
- Responsible for the training and education of all those involved in sales and service of beverage products.
- Responsible for maintaining the company standards for beverage and wine service.
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all bar equipment and for the cleanliness of the bar.
- Ensures that the bar staff is following company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
- Participate in and pass alcohol awareness and safety training classes
- Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage service procedures.
- Strong background in hospitality preferred
- College Degree or 3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be able to create and maintain a team atmosphere within the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained and have an adequate workload.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to perform all positions in bar operations in order to supervise, direct, and train bar staff.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with all positions in banquet operations in order to supervise, direct, and train banquet personnel.
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge of including but not limited to MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English
- Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements
- Local travel required when considered necessary.
- Must be able to walk and stand for hours at a time. Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Balance and walk with heavy trays, dinnerware and drinks full time.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.