Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Server - 94th Aero Squadron
at Speciality Restaurants
The Server is responsible for providing a dining experience that ensures excellence in guest relations by setting places at dining tables, taking orders, serving food and beverages, and answering inquires about menu items as well as maximizing sales by suggestively selling other items on the menu.
- Greet guests in a friendly manner within 1 minute of being seated and present them with the menu.
- Inform guests of Chef’s Creations/Features and answer any questions about food and beverage.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, suggestively selling specific menu items.
- Ring up order on P.O.S. quickly and in proper sequence.
- Obtain food items from kitchen or storage area when necessary.
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication of guests and handling an intoxicated guest.
- Maintain table appearance by checking drink levels, changing ashtrays, removing clutter, and providing extra napkins when necessary.
- Respond to upset guests and notify manager of situation.
- Total bill and present check upon removal of last plate or upon request.
- Accept payment and provide change or credit card voucher within 1-3 minutes of guests’ payment.
- Give a warm and pleasant farewell to guests and invite them to return.
- Complete all necessary side work and tasks as assigned.
- Check inventory and restock items.
- Check for table assignments, reservations, large parties expected.
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
- Participate in and pass alcohol awareness and safety training classes
- High School
- 1 year similar experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to pass server training and validation
- Must be neatly dressed and well groomed in clean Company uniforms at all times.
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. computer, make change correctly, and make credit card transactions.
- Must be able to effectively card all guests who appear under the age of 30 for alcohol purchases.
- Adherence to Company alcoholic beverage policies.
- Adherence to all Company and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English.
- No Regular Travel Requirements
- Must be able to walk and stand for hours at a time. Lift and carry up to 10-30lbs. Balance and walk with heavy trays, dinnerware and drinks.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.