The Wonderful Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Benefits & Wellness
at The Wonderful Company
Los Angeles, CA
The Director of Benefits & Wellness is responsible for strategy, design, communications, administration and compliance of The Wonderful Company's benefit programs, policies and processes. This person will ensure that the benefits and wellness programs support the dynamic needs of our employees and improve our ability to attract and retain top talent.
Here's what you'll do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing all employee benefits programs - health, life, and disability insurance - with the support of brokers and vendors.
- Responsible for the on-going evaluation of the Company's benefits and wellness programs, assessing the effectiveness of existing plans, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure benefits programs are market competitive, aligned with business goals, and administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Recommend new benefit plans and plan revisions that are cost effective and supportive of the Company's mission and values and aligned with market trends and best practices.
- In collaboration with our Chief Medical Officer, leverage data analytics, insights and industry practices to evaluate program effectiveness and, as appropriate, make recommendations for program changes.
- Develop comprehensive communications and training materials to support the rollout of benefits programs that are well understood and valued by managers and employees.
- Partner with People Team partners, IT, Payroll, and external consultants and vendors to improve the administration of The Wonderful Company programs and employee experience.
- Ensure that all benefits communication programs are proactive, well communicated and easy to understand for all employees.
- Ensure benefits compliance with government and regulatory requirements.
- Manage a team of 5
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in benefits, including 5+ years of management experience leading a benefits function and managing benefits administration, ideally in a company with at least 7,500 employees.
- Undergraduate degree in human resources management, finance, business, or related field preferred.
- Creative thinker who can provide strategic thought leadership, think analytically and solve complex issues and challenges.
- Expert knowledge of benefits design, ERISA and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of health plan best practices, trends, and program design.
- Exceptional interpersonal communications effectiveness, including verbal, written, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to present ideas at the senior level and gain executive buy-in and alignment around key priorities.
- Understanding of economic and financial analysis and reporting of healthcare data.
- Ability to travel to California's Central Valley 1x per week.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Onsite subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free onsite yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.