The Wonderful Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior User Experience Designer
at The Wonderful Company
Los Angeles, CA
Wonderful Agency is the full-service, award winning, in-house agency that operates as exclusive creator of marketing communications and brand experiences for such iconic brands as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Wonderful Halos, JUSTIN, JNSQ and Landmark Wines, Teleflora and more.
We are seeking a versatile and open-minded champion of usability to help the digital team translate complex flows and systems into sensible user experiences and efficient development work. This position reports to the Director of Technology.
Please Note: We are seeking someone that skews heavier on the technical side, rather than UI graphic design.
Who is a Senior UX Designer at the Wonderful Agency?
The Senior UX Designer is the leader of the interaction design process. They design end-to-end user interactions for digital products that range from small-scale marketing initiatives to business-critical eCommerce platforms. They leverage a deep understanding of their craft coupled with research and analysis to define and test interactive theories, with the goal of improving user experience and driving ROI for the Wonderful Brands. The Senior UX Designer owns the story of digital interaction for a project and tells it in such a way that all stakeholders can envision their part in it.
- Lead the interaction design process through all phases of the project lifecycle, ensuring effective transition of concepts and functionality to designers and developers
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Work with Clients to articulate the business requirements and digital strategy, ensuring both are well represented in user flows and interactions
- Design iteratively; leverage client requirements, research and site metrics to identify new areas of growth and capitalize on emergent patterns
- Contribute to the definition and socialization of UX best practices for the Agency
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging experience principles, interaction design, information architecture, usability theory, and evaluation techniques.
- Actively contribute to the development of the agency's culture and standards of quality
- Always create an environment that is: Driven, Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Dependable, Insightful, Innovative, Memorable, Innovative, Diverse, Analytical and Deliberate
- Coordinate with QA to develop test plans from wireframes
- Work with Analytics to ensure sites are instrumented in a way that quantifies user interaction
- Strong portfolio of prototypes and designs showcasing conceptual, functional, and data-driven thinking.
- 5+ years professional user experience as a UX Designer, Interaction Designer or Information Architect
- Demonstrable experience in interaction design and tools (wireframes, personas, mental models, etc.)
- Strong understanding of usability, heuristics, user research and conducting tests
- Experience with e-commerce complexity (check-out flows, compliance flows, business process flows) is hihgly desired.
- Experience leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to drive user flows and interaction patterns
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at various levels
- A scientific mind, ready to test and re-test interactive theories and patterns over time
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility
- Subsidized gym membership options
- On-site subsidized high-end cafe offering farm-to-table meals and snacks
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Free tobacco cessation programs
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office!
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.