Thomas Safran & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Human Resources
at Thomas Safran & Associates
Thomas Safran & Associates is hiring an experienced Director of Human Resources based in our corporate office in Los Angeles, CA. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and is a vital part of growing our now 200+ employee company. We own and manage 60+ affordable housing residential buildings in the Greater Los Angeles area and most of the employees we serve are Property Managers and Maintenance Technicians. TSA is an established, stable company who values comradery and is at the forefront of affordable housing development and management in Los Angeles. Our portfolio continues to grow by developing new properties and acquiring and renovating existing properties.
We care deeply about our employees and residents and are passionate about our mission to build and operate great communities. Although we are growing, we keep the small family company feel by knowing our employees as a whole person and are able help them one-on-one to utilize our amazing benefits package, maintain a great work life balance, and grow in their professional development and career. Our staff is nothing short of incredible.
A great candidate for TSA is smart, a collaborative team player, has an eye for detail, and wants to help grow and make our company the best place to work. This position works closely with senior management to hire employees across our portfolio, mainly consisting of Property Managers, Assistants, Maintenance Technicians, and Real Estate Development Project Managers.
We offer competitive salaries based on experience, our positions are eligible for amazing "gold standard" medical, dental, and vision plans. Our retirement package includes 50% contribution matching.
- Full life-cycle recruiting including job description development, job posting, sourcing, scheduling, interviewing and offer negotiation
- Actively source qualified candidates using employee and networking referrals, social media, internet databases
- Identify and champion recruiting best practices such as tools, technologies, customer service, policies and procedures
- Communicate and exercise a high degree of professionalism in interactions with all levels of internal and external candidates, ensuring an amazing candidate experience
- Manage company social media accounts to attract talent and share our resident and employee experience
- HRIS database administration and recordkeeping for wage and hour compliance, workers’ compensation, benefits, and managing leaves of absences.
- Recommend company policy upgrades to stay in compliance with current laws and improve the work life balance and efficiency of our team
- Explain and administer employee leaves of absences and questions regarding FMLA, CFRA, PDL
- Oversee pay practices and execution of payroll in accordance with California wage and hour laws and labor codes
- 401(k) retirement plan administration and compliance, including Form 5500 reporting
- Workers' compensation claims management
- Regulatory reporting and compliance with federal and state regulations including DHS, ACA, EEO, and OSHA.
- Collaborate with the senior management team to enhance Health and Wellness programs