Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computational Accelerator Physicist
TAE Technologies, Inc. (www.tae.com) is leveraging its leading-edge accelerator technology to develop unique solutions for energy and medical applications. The Computational Accelerator Physicist will conduct numerical simulations to design and optimize new particle accelerator devices, as well as analyze and interpret experimental data, interact with in-house technical staff, and integrate the work of outside consultants. A successful candidate would have strong background in computational accelerator science, electromagnetics, plasma physics, or related field, coupled with solid experience in designing hardware and interfacing with experiment.
1) In support of the particle accelerator design effort, perform a wide range of multi-physics numerical simulations using standard software packages, including beam dynamics, MC particle ensemble simulations, thermal analysis, electromagnetic field calculations, etc.
2) Write ad-hoc scripts for numerical simulations using generic computing languages such as, for example, Matlab, C , Python, Mathematica.
3) Conduct R&D of particle accelerators; design, prototype, optimize, and lead the fabrication of beams and ancillary equipment.
4) Facilitate the interaction between the engineering and physics teams; coordinate the work of outside consultants and ensure tight integration and efficient knowledge transfer.
5) Assist with troubleshooting and maintenance of beam injectors, including the ion acceleration system, power supplies, and associated electronics.
6) Write detailed specifications, procedures, and reports to support beam development projects.
Required Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Strong background in computational accelerator science. Highly proficient in using standard software packages to simulate beam dynamics and electromagnetic fields.
2) Minimum 3 years of experience in designing and optimizing particle accelerator components and interfacing with engineering on fabrication and commissioning of accelerator devices.
3) Strong experience in numerical simulations in at least two of the following areas:
* Electromagnetic analysis
* Plasma physics
* Ion optics
* Beam interaction with matter
* Thermal analysis
* Structural analysis
* MC simulations
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5) Strong technical knowledge and aptitude to quickly understand systems and technical concepts.
6) Proven decision-making skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
7) Ability to work independently with little or no supervision while maintaining a high level of efficiency.
8) Ability to thrive in a challenging, dynamic environment. Must be flexible and quick to adapt to sudden changes and issues.
9) Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills. Able to resolve conflict and drive issues to resolution.
10) Detail oriented and organized with a strong discipline of adhering to standards.
11) Ability to cooperate and communicate well with engineering, physics/science, project management and procurement groups.
Required: Ph.D. in accelerator, beam, or plasma physics or related discipline