Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Drafter/Designer-Solidworks Electrical CAD
TAE Technologies is leveraging proprietary science and engineering to tackle the world’s biggest challenges. Our core mission is to create a new source of clean energy – one that’s powered by nature’s own processes and produces no harmful byproducts. It’s what we call Friendly Fusion. Our groundbreaking work has effected industry-wide advances in accelerator and plasma physics, and acted as a catalyst for adjacent innovations based on our results. With 20 years of focused research, TAE Technologies is on a purposeful path to commercial fusion energy and pioneering sustainable solutions for a better tomorrow. We have an opening at our Foothill Ranch, CA (Orange County) facility for a Solidworks Designer/Drafter who is responsible for necessary technical support to engineering and scientific staff. This can be a Contract or Contract to Hire role.
Qualified candidate must have at least 2 years of Solidworks Electrical CAD drafting and design experience in the manufacturing industry and possess Solidworks Electrical certification. This role will require drafting of power and control panels and subsystems, automation and control schematics and I/O. Electrical Drafter will work with Electrical Engineer to create the design documents package using Solidworks Electrical.
- Design electrical systems that will be realized by internal resources or contracted services.
- Prepare technical documentation of electrical systems with Solidworks Electrical software.
Primary responsibility is to create technical documentation for complex electro-mechanical system. Ensure appropriate document control standards are followed including revision control and ECR/ECO procedures. Typical areas of emphasis will include control and power panels, wiring and cabling, component usage and bill of materials, i.e.:
- System electrical schematics.
- Cable schedules and wiring diagrams.
- Selection of components.
- Component usage and installation.
- Basic mechanical modelling.
- Bill of materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/degree is preferred.
- Certification in SolidWorks Electrical and 2 years’ relevant drafting experience with Solidworks Electrical is preferred.