Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - DoD Secret Clearance
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer - Secret Clearance
- Workdays Available
- Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Evening, Morning
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
This position is responsible for supervising the day to day operations of the GSOC team consisting of GSOC Specialists, as well as lead, coach and provide guidance and motivation among the team. The Team Lead will also manage training, lead special projects, and provide clear vision along with goals, objectives and team expectations while maintaining a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Reconciles security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to manager and coordinate preliminary investigations.
- Present counseling forms to Specialists after approval from AUS Human Resources or AUS Management.
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of security programs and systems; provide feedback to Client.
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate branch or region HR support employees.
- Identify issues not covered by current policies and manage and issue executive communications.
- Provide daily updates to the Client and AUS National Portfolio Manager and visit/touch base with each shift at least once per month for updates and training.
- Lead team and be the main point of contact during a crisis event; Gather and combine all Intel during crisis for disbursement to Client.
- Identify and assist with escalated phone calls or security related issues that require Supervisor integration.
- Provide input to AUS Management in the selection and hiring process for personnel assigned to the GSOC
- Review site schedules daily to eliminate Non-Billed overtime and monitor WinTeam to eliminate Payroll Discrepancies.
- Ensure all GSOC Specialist remain 100% in compliance for training, documentation and certifications necessary to complete the job.
- Lead special assigned projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have Active DOD Secret Clearance
- High school diploma or equivalent. GSOC experience or knowledge preferred.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver’s Record check.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying in.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Highly organized and ability to follow procedures concisely and consistently; high level of compliance and unwavering integrity to oversee and ensure policies are enforced in a self-directed environment.
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.