Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valet Living
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
The primary purpose of the Carpet Technician is to specialize in the cleaning and maintenance of carpet, upholstery, tile, grout, hardwood and area rugs in multi-family communities. Carpet Technicians are trained in carpet care including stain removal, carpet stretching, inspection and repair of tack strips, and similar tasks needed to keep flooring and materials in good working condition for residents.
- Works with building principals and other key personnel to complete carpet and cleaning projects.
- Operates company vehicle, drives to job sites in order to perform carpet cleaning operations.
- Communicates with customers and staff regarding job details.
- Steam cleans carpet, tile and upholstery with portable and van-mounted equipment.
- Responsible for keeping job site safe and well organized.
- Responsible for maintaining company vehicles while in use and keeping vehicle clean, stocked and well-organized.
- Completes all assignments by deadlines provided.
- Follows established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc., responsible for enforcing safety standards and regulations, investigates job injuries and assists in completing injury reports
- Operates tools and equipment according to established safety procedures; performs preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to management staff immediately
- Store, handle and dispose of waste water, cleaners, and other chemicals according to established procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma required;
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior carpet / flooring care experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices, and tools used in carpet and flooring care.
- Ability to ensure high service standards in all work completed
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate with customers and staff in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to frequently walk, stand, climb, lift, carry, stoop, bend, kneel and reach
- Ability to operate hand and power tools and work in tiring and / or uncomfortable positions as needed
- Ability to work inside or out, or on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders
- Ability to be exposed to hot and cold temperatures and cleaning chemicals
Valet Living, LLC is an industry leader - ahead of the national trend and the founder of five nights a week doorstep trash and recycling collection.
Valet Living is a drug-free employer. All offers of employment will be contingent on successful background Check. Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Tampa Bay Times Top Workplace, Valet Living has been setting the standard for doorstep collection and recycling since 1995. Servicing over a million apartment homes across 38 states, Valet Living has grown to become not just the only national provider of doorstep collection and recycling services, but also the only nationally-recognized full service amenities provider to the multifamily industry. In addition to doorstep collection, Valet Living’s turns, maintenance and pet station solutions make life easier for both property managers and residents, while improving property values. With the launch of its resident-facing amenity services mobile app, Valet Living Home, Valet Living is now the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living is a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE: ARES) and Harvest Partners, LP.