Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Solutions Architect - Data Center
at Vector Resources
- # of Openings
Are you a dynamic Solutions Architect / Principal Network Engineer and software-defined networking thought leader passionate about technology? Join VectorUSA’s growing technical team as a Solutions Architect I, where you will be responsible for architecting and implementing data center infrastructure solutions that support VectorUSA and our customers’s business operations. You will join a growing, dedicated team of thought leaders who love cutting-edge networking and its real-world applications. A successful candidate will have a substantial portfolio of successes to share during consideration, be self-disciplined, work well on individual tasks in a team environment, and be able to work well and communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
The Skills You Will Gain:
- Experience architecting, engineering and implementing cutting-edge, dynamic solutions.
- The opportunity to learn and collaborate with an advanced team of solution architects and pre-sales engineers.
- Learn the major product lines that VectorUSA and how that technology performs for customers.
- Experience and professional level certifications with top manufacturing partners.
- Build credibility and strengthen relationships with manufacturer partner teams.
- Gain insights into industry, technology, and customer trends.
How Far You Can Go:
- Opportunity to be a subject matter expert and/or if desired take on leadership roles & responsibilities within a fast-growing organization
- Fame, Fortune, Glory… The sky is the limit!!!
What Your Typical Day Will Be:
- You will implement datacenter solutions leveraging cutting edge software-defined networking solutions in the very environments that necessitated the development of software-defined networking in the first place.
- You will build project plans, effort estimates and itemized deliverables for hyperconverged (HCI) and data center infrastructure (DCI) projects, working closely with the Program and Project Management teams to ensure customer satisfaction and technical success.
- You will provide multi-technology consulting services to clients to analyze and provide strategies and solutions on all aspects of network systems, infrastructure and related technology components.
- You will serve as a mentor to other engineers (across Networking and Systems teams), nurturing their professional development and helping to build the next generation of Solutions Architects who understand the business outcomes that necessitate the technologies we implement.
- Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with HCI, DCI, and various other LAN, WAN, and WLAN network components.
- Work with VectorUSA, client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and correct technical issues.
- Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours.
- Participate in an on-call schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of full-time experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction on a variety of network, LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers, wireless access points and end-device network clients.
- Substantial experience in mid to large datacenter environments, including at minimum:
- Specific accomplishments building L3 underlay networks and VXLAN overlay networks.
- A proven track record of success supporting and providing ongoing maintenance for VXLAN networks in data center environments.
- Specific success architecting and implementing software-defined networks, e.g. Cisco ACI and/or VMware NSX.
- Specific success implementing and maintaining hyper-converged platforms, such as Cisco HyperFlex, HPE Simplivity, and/or VMware VSAN.
- Substantial experience architecting, implementing and troubleshooting VMware hosts, clusters and resource pools.
- Implementing multi-cloud solutions in hybrid cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Proven track record leveraging Python scripting and orchestration frameworks (Ansible, Chef, or Puppet) to automate deployments.
- Proven success building project plans and itemized deliverables for proposals for data center infrastructure projects.
- Experience performing Core (L3) switch migrations.
- Advanced working knowledge in BGP, OSPF, ISIS with route redistribution and policy based routing.
- Extensive firewall background experience in Fortinet and/or Palo Alto that includes:
- HA design/implementation
- Identity based policies
- SSL-VPN, IPsec Ikev1-2, GRE tunneling
- Captive portal and endpoint protection
- Advanced troubleshooting skills. Be able to mentor others and serve as a point of escalation during any critical support assistance incident.
- Desire to learn and be up-to date in new networking technologies.
- Ability to document all work actions as required by VectorUSA and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal or no supervision
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
- CCNP Data Center or better
- The following CCNP Data Center exams
- All of 300-165, 300-170, 300-175
- 300-160 OR 300-180
- VMware VCAP6-DCV or later
- Any type of security certification is helpful, but we prefer:
- Palo Alto Networking: ACN or ACE (need clarification)
- Fortinet NSE 4
- CCIE Data Center – Route/Switch is inadequate for this role
- VMware VCIX6-DCV or later
- HPE Systems Engineering and/or Architecture
- Other Fortinet NSE certifications
- Other VMware certifications