Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mission Manager | Future Consideration
at Virgin Orbit
- Req No.
- Business Development
Who we are
Please apply to this requisition if you'd like to be considered for future Mission Manager openings.
At Virgin Orbit, we launch the small satellite revolution, accessing space for missions that were previously unimaginable and fostering new ideas and technologies to create a truly spacefaring civilization. We deliver Virgin’s legendary customer service by pairing technological advancements with a clear focus on our customers’ needs. We build a workplace and a workforce for the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today will launch the industries of tomorrow. We engage a diverse and inclusive community of dreamers and achievers in a shared mission to access space to improve life on Earth. At Virgin Orbit, we boost imagination. Search all of our job openings on our career portal.
- Ownership and accountability for execution of Launch Service Agreements with Virgin Orbit customers and program oversight over specific rocket missions
- Help manage and counsel Mission Managers & Mission Engineers
- Manage the execution of customer launches including requirements management, chairing of customer reviews, scheduling, contracts, FAA licensing, and cost & financials
- Provide technical support to the Business Development team during new business capture including support payload configuration decisions, hosting customer visits, and providing conference support
- Provide feedback to engineering and production teams on products and processes to improve the Virgin Orbit service offering
- Support Advanced Concepts where pertinent
- Provide a positive image of Virgin Orbit in public and industry events as needed
- Provide guidance and mentorship to direct/indirect reports
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you bring
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
- BS/BA degree in engineering or technical field
- Minimum of 10 years professional program or project management experience in the aerospace industry
- Must have business acumen to deal with contractual issues with customers. Prior experience with business issue resolution is required
- Excellent communication skills to deal with the customer at the working and management level as well as internal engineering and production teams
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
… and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
- MBA a plus
- Prior experience executing spacecraft mission’s for a launch service company or a launch provider broker company
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. In the words of
Sir Richard Branson “We believe it’s better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!” Search all of our job openings— www.VirginOrbit.com
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.