Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospital Operations Counsel
at Waterbury Hospital.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 103684
40 hrs Days
40 hrs Days
Location: California ( California will oversee CT, RI and CA market)
Role and Responsibility:
- Provide advice and guidance on compliance with federal and state health care laws and regulations, as well as licensure, accreditation, medical staff and credentialing matters for clinical and business departments.
- Provide advice and guidance on patient care, risk management, and bioethical issues for clinical operating units.
- Be responsible for reviewing and drafting documents for complex, system-wide health care operational matters.
- Negotiate, draft and review physician arrangements and healthcare-related contracts.
- Draft, review, and negotiate general service agreements and affiliation agreements, identify and analyze new or emerging areas of risk, and manage or provide support with respect to general legal matters.
- Provide advice and guidance to market and clinical business units on regulatory and industry developments, including the proactive identification and assessment of regulatory risks and the ongoing monitoring and tracking of relevant regulatory updates.
- Work closely with the Compliance department on regulatory matters.
- Interact with the management team as well as with external representatives of the legal system, regulatory agencies, governmental entities, and others.
- Perform any other job-related projects, as requested.
Education / Experience:
- Completion of a Juris Doctorate degree program from an accredited college/university is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of significant health care experience is required and in-house legal experience is preferred.
Required Competencies / Knowledge / Skills:
- Understanding of the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, CMP Law, and related health care regulations.
- Strong analytic, research and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and high degree or perseverance and energy.
- Problem solver mentality.
- Ability to creatively come up with appropriate solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong customer service and team orientation.
- Excellent time/project management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to excel in a fluid, fast-paced dynamic and complex organization.
Licensure / Certification:
- Member in good standing of a State Bar.
- Current, unrestricted license in the state of practice is required.